Enter to win at MyWoodenSpoonDOTcom

January 8, 2008

A Day In the Life of A Happy Housewife

This is a bit of a lul day, but full none the less.

600am wake up and get the baby up, a little snack to tide over till breakfast
630am Gather launder - yes I do laundry everyday, it is the only way to keep it from attacking. Plus my 17 month old is learning to feed herself, so we go though a lot of clothes
645am Wake up the eldest and get her ready for school. make sure homework is packed in the book bag and practice spelling words waiting for the bus.
715am bus picks up eldest and it is off to throw the laundry in
730am wake up the 4 year old, and get down on the floor with the kids while we watch cartoons and play together.
830am switch laundry to dryer, there is usually only one load except on sheet and towel days.
900am wake up DH, he is on the night shift
920am cook breakfast for everyone, I am not talking cereal either, we eat eggs, waffles, bacon/sausage, toast Yum!
10am clean kitchen, sweep, do dishes, wipe counters, and stove
1030am fold and put away laundry
11am help DH with his homework, he has just went back to school after a very long time and is attending online, as he is not much of a computer person I need to be there to help him until he gets used to it and can do it on his own.
12pm light snacks for lunch - 4yo and 17mo take there nap as well as DH, after giving mommy some lovin.
1230pmish pick up playroom, sweep playroom and living room floors, dust and wipe
1pm sit down for a bit of me time, read a book, hang out at the Happy Housewives Club, exercise a bit
2pm wake all the sleepy nappers up
215pm DH and I get down on the floor and play with the kids, this is very important and they love it, it is the whole reason I stay home to take care of them, or if it is bath day the 4 year old gets hers here.
315pm Oldest gets in from school DH continues to play with the youngest children, while I help oldest with homework.
330pm DH leaves for work, the two youngest play in the playroom and watch movies while I continue to help with homework
4pm Oldest comes to the playroom and mommy watches 90210 while looking over the stuff oldest brought home from school, signing any papers that need signed, etc
5pm start dinner
6pm eat dinner
630pm oldest is off to take her shower and get ready for bed
7pm baby gets a bath and all kids are off to bed
730pm clean kitchen - dishes, and sweep
8pm clean playroom
830pm mommy's time - this is when I do my homework, blog, and whatever
10pm Mommy's shower and off to bed

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing schedule. I work full time so all the laundry and cleaning you mention has to be done at night or at weekends.
I would like to have the 7.30, 2.15 tasks. Here in Portugal schedules are completely different. Kids start school at 9am for instance and we arrive home at 7pm when you have already eaten dinner. I prefer your schedule and more "me" time.