Enter to win at MyWoodenSpoonDOTcom

January 22, 2008

What A Long Week

We had a very long week last week. As you all know my DH's father died of lung cancer early Monday morning. He dies peacefully in his sleep, thank God. On Tuesday we had to tell the girls, Bailey the oldest was crushed, we took her out of school for the week. On Wednesday we had the viewing, DH handled it quite well. The thing that upset him the most is how upset Bailey was, she was a total wreak. Poor Girl, I felt so bad for her and nothing I did made her feel better. We tried to explain to her that he was with his father and no longer in pain but she did not care she just wanted her pop-pop. I do not blame her. Then on Thursday we had the actual funeral, it was beautiful, he was buried with military honors.
My MIL believes that his father came to get him that night, because he was sitting in his chair and reached out to him and was talking to his father. I believe this as well. It's nice to think that someone comes to get you, so that you are not scared.

0 comments: